Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Dash's Tricks or Doggy Treats



Dash is now .5 years old and he has grown up a lot in the last two weeks. If you prop him up, he can sit by himself now. His "weight of head" to his "weight of gut" ratio is evening out (close to 1:1) which makes balancing easier. He can also roll over. He kind of did it in accident the first time and it bugged him being on his tummy so just kept rolling. He officially was log-rolling. Genius. He went from not rolling at all to having me time him in a sprint-roll across our bed. Can't leave him alone now - not that we could anyway. (Do all babies need to be where the action is all the time, or just mine?) So far, when Dash gets a mind to do something, he does it to the nth degree. When he eats, he eats (look out Kobayashi). When he rolls, he rolls. When he grabs ladies earrings, it's like he's holding the reigns of Secretariat. When he poops . . . man is it gross. Not to get too graphic but the next time you go to Dairy Queen, watch them make your cone and imagine there's a diaper underneath it, and then let it go for about 4 minutes. There's no half-way with this kid. He's kind of Chuck Norris-esque like that. But we'll see.

Halloween was fun. Dash didn't dress up per-se', but he did have the whole Stay Puft Marshmellow Man in a diaper thing going on. His shirt did say "I Vant Your Candy!" so he was semi-festiv. Kaed was a skeleton and wanted to squirt fake blood over his face but we didn't let him. By the end of the eve he just wanted people to give him the candy without wearing the costume. I told him it defeats the whole purpose! I mean, if he didn't wear the outfit and "work" for the goods then what's the point of Halloween? If I have to sit and drive all night long so I can take half of his candy, I will, but he's got to earn his half. Life lesson: there's no freebies. (We have this deal that he gets all the little candy bars because he's little, and I get all the big ones because I'm big. It's pretty sweet.)

Oh yeah, the dogs got into the spirit of things thanks to my brother Eric. Super Murd and Bat Buster were out fighting for truth and justice with their powers of fart and slobber.


Kaed said a pretty funny thing which made a whole lot of sense to me (he does this a lot by the way and we should all learn to see things through a kid's eyes - like when he was 3 and asked me what God and Jesus looked like. After I failed miserably in my explanation he calmly said, "I think they look the same." Perfect.) Anyway, he went to church with his dad last week and he said that he saw people get "bathtized". Sure he did.

Nick and Tiffany's wedding pictures are done now and can be seen at http://daleyhake.smugmug.com/gallery/3779603#217798117 . There are around 270 of them so grab a cup of coffee and maybe your lunch too as you look through them. I can't say enough about the photographer. Good eye, that guy - and it's not even a queer eye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dash is looking More like his Daddy! I love your Blog!!

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan of Eric's Planet of the Apes imitation on photo 177. Classic.

John N.