Monday, November 19, 2007

Big D, Little Tooth

Before I get to Dash's newest aquisition, forgive me a rant about the American Music Award's from last night. First, the goods. Every drummer that performed was great, with the exception of the Duran Duran guy. He had a rack full of drums and insisted on using a little electric drum pad for basically all of his fills. Dork. Now the bads. Jimmy Kimmel doing the "SoldierBoy" dance was pretty funny but since all the writers are still on strike, that was as humorous as it got. I was left wanting. Here's the point of my wasting 5 minutes of my life on the AMA's - Duran Duran was awful. The AMA's hyped them up and featured them late in the program (when everyone who used to like them would be in bed - right Greg Cullen?). Apparently, they're trying to make a come-back, and they should really reconsider. If you didn't see it, they really were bad. Up until last night, I kind of knew them as a decent band from the 80's. Now, my feelings of Duran Duran are the same as if Edna and the Boys got tight pants, highlights in their Grecian Formula and hit youthgroups in the greater Northwest. Yikes. You know what? I apologize to Edna and the Boys. They went out with style and grace - unlike Duran Duran. Simon LeBon must be broke.

Ok, I feel much better. Thanks.
Dash's first tooth popped up lst weekend. Next thing you he'll be driving dear old dad to his yearly physicals. Eric got him some jammies from DisneyWorld (where he was deflowered) that have Dash from the Incredibles on them - appropriate. They are 2T's and we were saving them for when he would be older. Unil we realized that he can wear them now. Maybe he's big (he's not that big), maybe they're small 2T's (likely). Anyway, they look good on him.

Time for this blog's "random Kaed quote".
"Andy, when I'm seven, can you get me an ipod. They're like, 80 bucks." When talking about money, Kaed has about as much cents sense as RainMan. He throws random numbers out with no rhyme or reason. I blame his teacher. It's always the teachers fault.

Happy travels over Thanksgiving. I love all of you guys.
Seriously. All.

And now for some more Duran Duran bashing. Here are some songs off of their new tour:
Girls on Metamucil
A View to a Crappy Band
Ordinary World Where Washed Up Bands Never Die
Notoriously Awful
And finally . . . Hungry Like a Wolf But I Gotta Mash Everything Up First Through My Strainer On Account Of Me Running Out Of Polydent So I Have To Gum It.
Tickets are on sale at a pharmacy near you.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah those teachers at Butler Acres (especially the ones who listen to Duran Duran all day in the gym) I was hoping Kaeden would get that ipod so I could senuti your amazing playlists for PE....

Anonymous said...

My ipod is on the fritz. I fear that I'm about to lose 2300 songs or so...

Anonymous said...

very cute picture!...... Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving.. wish we could all have been together. Give the boys a hug for us!

Anonymous said...

Okay.. I forgot to leave my name on my last comment... it is Kristy....... :)

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Anonymous said...

What?! No thanks. No speak-a de Portugese.