Monday, March 3, 2008

Now I am the Master.

Got my Master's Degree done. Nothing like taking a 2-year program and stretching it into 4 . . . (somewhere David Spade is saying, "Yah, they're called doctor's.") It's a big weight off my shoulders and a little more money in my pocket - and they'll let me keep my job.

So we went to church this last weekend and put Dash in the nursery for the first time. Any idea of how he did? Anyone? . . . . There were 3 babies and one lady working the nursery. The whole thing broke my heart. After I dropped him off I waited and peeked through a window. I had him playing with a toy and he seemed content when I left. But then he kind of looked around with that "where's dad?" look on his face and I could see the bottom lip starting to stick out... so I jumped back in the room and held him and said, "Daddy's here little buddy, and I'll never leave you ever again. Not ever!" . . . Well, not exactly like that, but he did calm down and I went into the sanctuary. After about 15 minutes, his number flashed up near the projector screen so I went back to calm him down. He was crying, and actually all three babies were crying, but I was the only parent who got called? Picking on the new kid. I guess one started crying and the other two cried along too - for moral support. I don't know who started crying first, but Dash was crying last (he likes to win). Again, I got him chilled out and went back to the sanctuary. 20 minutes later, his number flashed up again, so I went back again. He was quite a site. He was in a high chair trying to catch his breath from excessive crying and in between sobs, he was cramming fist-fuls of Cheerios down his mouth. He was actually ok, but he threw a fit when the worker lady walked into the next room to get him a diaper and Dash thought she left him. At that point, I just took him with me and he was fine for the rest of service. Poor little bald guy.

Dash went to the Doctor's yesterday and he's lost weight, which is incredible considering the volume of food he eats - constantly. He lost a pound the same week he ate an entire piece of Hawaiian pizza! (And it wasn't one of those skinny slices either, it was legit.) What a funny kid.

Kaed has "rookies" tryouts tonight for baseball. Weird that he has to tryout for a pitching machine league. The whole thing is crazy if you ask me. (The picture is from last spring)

2 comments:

Me..... said...

Cute picks!!! .... just wait till he is two and throwing fits... then you will look forward to dropping him off in the nursery!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Not if they won't keep him...
Andy