Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ramble on, sing my song.

The Deep Thoughts for this month are killing me! They change every month.

Today, one of the football players told me I look like Mathew McConaghy from the movie We Are Marshall. I thought that was pretty cool because he's a good looking, charismatic guy. Turns out, he said that because he thought my shirt was from the 70's. It's not. Buttface.

In a few of my Algebra classes, we've watched a few videos online from Discovery (as in the channel). They are functional and outdated/cheesy and the kids like to listen to someone else from time to time. But I got to thinking that I should make some videos of my own. I'm pretty sure they'd be WAY better than the ones we've watched. Math videos are only instructional, and very rarely fun or funny - at least not on purpose. Who wants to make some math instructional videos with me?

So, if there was any doubt about little Dash being my son (there wasn't any was there?) let me put this issue to bed once and for all. Back-story: for those that knew me as a child, I had a blankie. This blanky had a specific corner with a little flower on it that I insisted on chewing on. I would not be content until I had had my specific corner (or "corn" as I would call it) in my mouth. Fast-forward to little Dash. On Dash's blanket, all 4 corners look the same. But when he is feeling cuddly or tired and he drags his blanket out, he fumbles around it until he finds a corner of his blanket and will either play with it or suck on it. It absolutely blows my mind. I mean seriously, how crazy is that? I'm actually kind of freaked out because on the one hand, it's cool that he's kind of a little Andy, but is also scary that he's kind of a little Andy...

I swear I could watch this video 24-7. When Dash says "Dada" . . . I see Heaven in that boy. (And he does some of his best work in the tub in case you haven't noticed.)

2 comments:

kp said...

you can't beat this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDu351QNoZE

but you know I'm a bit biased.

The Old Mathews said...

Andy & Leah, Cute pictures. Andy isn't it a bummer when you find out from those younger than you that you are no longer as cool as you thought you were?
I'm up & blogging again @ the old mathews, but haven't figured out how to post our pictures yet! HELP..