Wednesday, November 26, 2008

2 boys, 2 stories

Oh man. Last night was our footbal banquet so I was in a shirt and tie looking nice. I was up at my folks saying bye to the boys and Dash was sitting on my lap. I hung around as long as I could knowing that I'd probably get done well after the boys had gone to bed. So when it came time to leave I took Dash off my lap (*sigh*) . . . and he had peed all over my thigh. You see, we are potty training him and he was in underwear and not a diaper. (According to mom, "he'd been good all day"...) Right through his skivvys, right through his sweats, and right through my khaki slacks. I had no chance to change either. So I went to the banquet with a pee-thigh. The best and worst part of it was that Dash kept smiling and pointing at my leg saying "ee-ee?" It was like he peed on the upper part of my thigh on purpose and then was making fun of me like I peed my pants. What concerns me is that he might actually be smart enough to pull that prank off. Like in his mind "no big deal if I wet myself, but big deal if daddy does . . . right before the banquet!" He's been unusually cuddly with me lately and now I know that he's just been roping me in...

Because Dash is frequently making memories with his learning, I don't often write about Kaed. Or at least my Kaed stories are much fewer than Dash's. Not so today. Kaed's homework last night was to write his top ten favorite dinners. Kaed's definitely at the stage of spelling things incorrectly, but phonetically accurate. There were many times when Dad (who taught elementary for 30+ yrs) would show us some pretty funny spellings of words. Last night it was Kaed's turn. I'll give his spelling with what he actually meant in case you can't see the pictures:

1. "spugede" - spagetti
2. "chickin nugits"
3. "make donalds" - McDonalds
4. "staeck" - steak
5. "grill chees" - grilled cheese
6. "wotermelon" - watermelon
7. "strawberries"
8. "chickin"
9. "orgejello" - orange jello (classic backward J)
10. "beef strogonoff" - he had some help with that one

Leah went to the doctor today to see if she has an ulcer (bummer). The trip overall was uneventful, except that she had a Fletch moment ("moon-river" . . . geez doc, got your whole fist in there?) and feels eternally violated. I told her it's just part of getting old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSZ6k3QIsAk