Friday, November 13, 2009

Do you serve crabs here?






So I caught crabs on V.D. (Vet's Day). Lots of them. So many in fact, that I played Santa Crabs and gave a bunch of people crabs when I got back. Man, that's some good meat. I think I might go back tomorrow too. I stayed down at Ft.Stevens in Hammond, OR. with my coaching buddies Pat and Bob. The first night I slept with Pat and while laying in bed, the following conversation may or may not have actually happened:

Pat- "Mamma Mia was a tough one to sit through."

Andy - "Oh man, I hated that movie! Just when you think you're going to get some dialogue, here comes another song!"

Pat - "And Pierce Brosnan can't sing."

(. . . long pause . . .)

Andy - "I love The Sound of Music. . ."
Nothing like a little "guy-time" to purge the system.

This is really sweet. About 12:45 AM last night, Dash crawled into my bed - which is no small feat now that I have a brand new twin that my buddy Brent gifted me. Anyway, I asked him why he was in here and if anything was wrong and he said, "No, I wanna sleep with you." He has slept with me at times before, when my bed was bigger, but he never makes a midnight bed swap. Then he snuggles up to me and says, "Daddy hold my hand." So I did, and that's how we fell asleep. I woke up about an hour later because he had successfully taken over the bed so I moved to the floor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's really nothing sweeter than cuddling up to a toddler and falling asleep. If only they stayed so young and precious.

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more! I beg Ashley all the time to stay little...

This is one of my favorites, both funny & sweet, luv it.

Me..... said...

oh Andy- this made me tear up... how sweet. Can't wait to see that little guy in a few weeks and give him hugs and kisses!! He is so sweet.

congrats on getting crabs.