Thursday, May 13, 2010

So much to say, so much to say, so much to say - B-B-Baby!

Dash has turned 3 as of May 7th. Treedemption! Terrible two's? HA! I laugh at them. He is the 3-Amigo. He's the Threeamble to His Constitution. The Tri-Tip. The little Tryke. Coincidentally, he wears 3T. Throughout history, there has always been significance attatched to the number 3. Blind Melon believes 3 to be a magic number. Significant things happen in 3's in many walks of life: Biblically, naturally, mystically, etc. I predict a big year for the 3-D. Myself too. Afterall, he's 3 and I'm 33 - that's 3 threes! Think of all the things involving 3 that are important to you (the Trinity, Jesus's death at age 33, resurrection 3 days later, body/mind/spirit, Andy/Nick/Eric, June 3rd is my anniversar...nevermind, Kaed/Andy/Dash, 3-day weekends, 3-pointers, trilogies, 3-horsemen of the apocolypse, 3 signs of the zodiac, 3 days of Hanahkah, etc. Then think of all the significant numbers that are divisible by 3 . . . Man, I could go on and on with this stuff! Look up "the number 3" on Wikipedia - sooooo coooool.
He's loving legos of the STARWARS variety these days. Which is great because I'm loving them too. I'm having a party for him this Saturday and it's going to be a zoo! Lots of people with kids around the same age as little Dashal. I can't wait. Pics and vids forthcoming...

From the middle to the end of May, seniors at Kelso High School present their senior projects. They are to last about ten minutes, include some sort of visual display and tell about themselves, their community project and their future plans. Of the 5-6 I observe every year, here's the main observation I've concluded about our future adults coming out of KHS over the last 10 years: We will never be short on veternarians or coaches.

Track season is starting to wrap up. We have 3 meets left and I've got to say that I've loved track this year. Was it because I didn't coach football this year? Was it the kids? Was it because our team was good? Was it because my role was different this season? Probably all of those things. But track was a breath of fresh air and a real pick-me up this Spring. I wasn't expecting it to be this good - not that it's ever bad. We've even had some nice weather this week . . . Gotta love sunshine.

An old friend of mine from high school came back into town for the first time in 14 years. It was great seeing you Fox. And a tip of the cap to the rest of the class of 95'.

2 comments:

Eric Lemiere said...

Not to put a hole in your three rant, but many theologians believe that Jesus was born between 4-8 BC, and Isaac Newton places Jesus' death on April 3, 33 AD. So although the age of Jesus being 33 at death is debatable, the date of his death is widely accepted as 4-3-33. I think you will notice another threesome of threes.

Andy said...

Quite the opposite affect Eric my brother. It only convinces me further.