Thursday, September 11, 2008

7 on the 7th

Kaed is now 7. We had a birthday party for him and it consisted of my family and Jon's family. Pretty fun. He got RockBand (for Wii) and I'm slaying crowds left and right. Kaed is absolutely brutal at the drums (me too), but I think he's just about ready for medium on guitar. Kaed also got a skateboard and helmet. He's practiced on it 3 out of the last 4 days and its pretty cute. When he opened this gift, Kaed immediately put the board down and began to get his helmet on and adjusted to his head. Well, in that span of 20 seconds, Dash got on the skateboard and started to pseudo-jump on it. Crazy kid.
Dash has just enough fuzz on his melon to constitute a do'. I've actually hairsprayed a few spikes on top. The back seems to be flourishing though. I guess I can put to bed the "still bald" remark. The hair era has begun for the Dashster. Finally.
Leah and I have finally put to rest the debate of whether or not some of her "words" are actually words. The final score is that "drenching" is a word, but to say that "I'm drenching wet" would be a mis-usage of the word. "Pronunciate" however, is not. It is a conjugation of Pronounce, and Enunciate. And I probably mispelled them, and others, in this blog. Last night, Kaed threw a new word in the mix. He was describing something to be more narrow and said "thinnier". I like it.
I've told some people this already but the shower at my Grandma Doris's house (where we are currently living) is SMALL. I'm eye-level with the nozzle and the water hits me in the tummy. To get anything above my chest wet, I have to do a deep knee-bend. The whole time I'm washing my hair I'm squatting which is problematic because my butt will bump the shower door open. Issue-ous. It's quite the comedy of errors - especially that first week.
Dad and I will be painting the new house this weekend! Not all of the siding is up yet, but we're going to use the scaffolding the siders have while it's still up.


No comments: