Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to School

Now that we're back in school, I can keep the blog up and running! (No internet at home) This blog is going to jump around a little due to summarizing the summer in a few short paragraphs. That said . . .
Our house has really taken off in the last month and a half. Roof, windows, plumbing, wiring, septic, all done. siding and gutters this week and insulation to follow shortly thereafter. It's cool to watch it all happen.
Kaed starts 1st grade and his teacher is a girl I used to ride the bus to school with. That's kind of weird. We got Guitar Hero "Aerosmith" this summer and Kaed has really embraced his inner Joe Perry. What is classic is that he absolutely hammers the lyrics because he's too busy playing the guitar. For example, Sweet Emotion has become "sweet ocean". Dream On is "dream long". And my personal favorite, Train Kept a Rollin' (All Night Long) is now "free pepparoni, all night long". What?!
Dash is less a baby, more a punk. But he has a large sweet side to him too. He's very Yin to Kaed's Yang. Kaed asks for something if he wants it, whereas Dash will pick it up and chuck it just because it's there. He still has the same vocabulary that he's had for the last 5 months, but he knows much about the world around him. He's darn-near potty trained. I'm not lying. If you get him there, he'll go. He loves to throw his diapers away too. It's weird.
That's all I have for now. I'll be getting some new pics and vids on here very soon.
P.S.
What are your thoughts about necrophilliacs? I know I wouldn't be caught dead with one...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Necro-WHAT?
All I know is I am SO glad you are back up and blogging!
Miss you all a ton!!
Tam

Emily said...

Ha ha haha ha...ha ...ha

That is a great joke.

I'm so jealous that Dashy is almost pt'd.

Happy Birthday to Kaeden!

Love you guys!