Monday, August 24, 2009

Potpurri

I don't know when, but I'll get some pictures up on here as soon as I can.

Today I walked out of a Sherry's Resturant without paying for my meal. And I did it on purpose. I forgot my wallet in my truck (I didn't drive there), so I nonchalantly walked out. I'd never done that before and I was a little nervous. A few hours later I went back and took care of it though.

I watched a concert of Robert Plant recently and he looks like he could be a long lost brother of my great uncle Don. They aren't dead on for each other, but there's definitely an eerily slight resemblance.

I finally did get a bottle opener... just in case. I don't want to repaint my kitchen ceiling 2-3 times a year when I happen to have wine.

At what point does it be come socially ackward for Dash to run around naked? It's funny and cute still, but I don't know how much longer he's got.

Today is my official 1st day back to work (kids next week). I have a Steve Largent jersey hanging in my room and I'm pretty sure none of my students will know who he is - nor will they recognize who is on my Dr. J poster.

Kaed starts 2nd grade this year and turns 8 in 2 weeks! Geez. How'd he get so old so fast?

When Dash doesn't want to something, he'll often fake an injury. It's hilarious. {Me} "Dash, go get your shoes." {Dash, dropping to the ground} "Knee urth (hurts) daddy, you do it." If it has to do with food, it'll be his tummy that 'urth'. If something goes wrong, be likes to blame some body part. I forsee him being a great professional soccer player. Or an Argentinian basketball player (I can't stand Manu!).

3 comments:

Me..... said...

I am glad you went back to pay your bill.....
You know you are getting old when your students do not know the famous people of your day.....
Dash is hilarious.... I would be his favorite aunt if I lived there... I would demand it ;)
You are a great daddy.

Me..... said...

oh, and I am glad you got a bottle opener........ bahahahahahaha............

Unknown said...

Glad to know you got a bottle opener...lol...too funny, great memories!