Monday, August 31, 2009

Quick.

So I was at Paula and Elten's house awhile ago (aunt and uncle who built next to me), and before we ate dinner, we sang the Doxology. Man, it had been a really long time since I had last done that. It takes me back to my youth and Emmanuel Lutheran Church. Who does that anymore? I only know of one other - Guy Penrod from the Gaither Vocal Band. His family does.

BTW, I went back and paid for my 'dine and dash' meal 2 days later.

The Doxology:
Praise God from whom all blessings flow,
Praise Him all creatures here below,
Praise Him above ye Heavenly host,
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost,
Amen.

And there's the Lemiere/Nordstrom dinner version too - and it varies a little from the actual hymn:
Be present at our table Lord,
Be here and everywhere adored,
These mercies bless and grant that we,
May strengthen for thy service be.
Amen.

I was introduced to Christian Artist Misty Edwards last spring and her album Relentless is becoming one of my all-time favorites. In fact, if I were stranded on an island and could only take 3 CD's with me, it'd probably be one of them.

2 comments:

Me..... said...

glad you paid for that meal ;) and our band at church just finished recording their cd... I will make sure to send you one! I love that song... you won't relent!

Andy said...

Misty is Great! I sort of have a crush on Kim Walker too. Just as good.