Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Last weekend

I played in a bball tourney in Kalama (from left to right: me, Sunday, Webb, Tack, Oskey, Knudsen, Deitz, Hight, Edwards) and our team won. It was great. Played some good ball too. I shot really well but my free-throws were baaaaad. Someone suggested I see my optomitrist (I didn't spell that right did I...) but it's Jeff Tack and he was worse than me. We were the "old" guys - only one guy in his 20's.

The team we beat in the finals supposedly had some guys who played professionally overseas. They were good too....but they had 3 girls on their team?! Sometimes they played 2 at once. Granted, the gals played college ball, but still... A girl wanted to guard me right off the get-go and I promptly hit 2 3's in her face. 6-0. Sorry lady. Then she switched. I vowed to score every time I girl was guarding me - just to treat her like an equal - because that's what she wanted. Later on, I got fouled pretty hard and landed on top of a different girl and hurt her. I sort of felt bad. When I was younger, I felt ackward playing competative co-ed sports. It doesn't feel right. Not that I'm afraid to lose to a girl. But, it's . . . well, girls should play with girls and guys with guys. I don't know if the team we played thought the girls were good enough to carry their weight vs. guys or if they believed they were good enough to win despite having a few girls on the team. Either way, it was sure fun beating them. Don't get me wrong, girls can play with guys all they want, but I'm not going to give them anything or feel bad if I thump em'.

It reminds me of a joke I heard recently: "My girlfriend just wrote a paper on Post-modern Feminism. It was pretty good . . . for a girl." I can't wait to get the texts from this post...

March 14th is known as Pi day in the Math world: 3-14. Mom made pies. They were consumed (not by me). Happy Pi day.

I received a lot of texts about stocking caps from my last post. This is how you're supposed to wear them. This . . . is not: Dork.

3 comments:

Eric Lemiere said...

Hmm. I agree with the previous post. Way to win the tourny barefoot.

Emily said...

My friends celebrate Pi day, too. Check this out: http://thecouncills.blogspot.com/2010/03/pi-day.html

Dash needs a Q T Pi shirt.


I kinda feel bad for people who wear their hats like that because they're just trying so. darn. hard.

Jennifer said...

I saw a teen-aged boy at Costco earlier this week wearing his Dopey the dwarf hat. It was even green for goodness' sake! Until your post I hadn't noticed this new fashion statement. I couldn't help but giggle.
I agree girls should play with girls, guys with guys. And if the girls want to play with the guys, then they better not expect to be treated like ladies.