Wednesday, September 2, 2009

1st day of school, again.

Today is my 27th first day of school. You'd think I'd be a little less nervous at this point.
Wow. 27. . .
Today is Kaed's 3rd. We had his orientation on Monday and found that he sits next to one of his best buddies - Josh Webb. We'll see how that goes. . .
I'm not coaching football this year for the first time. I miss it because I love to do it, but with the things going on in my life I didn't feel like it was very wise. Better to be around whenever I can right now. No FCA either - and that sort of bums me out too, but absolutely no regrets. Dad, teacher, and part time recreational 30-something bball player. Plenty on my plate. We'll see about track later.

I remember, vividly, my first day of school at Coweeman (jr. high). I was rockin' a white t-shirt that said in bold (black and pink) letters "Just say YO", tapered gray pants, and a brand new pair of black and white British Knights shoes. I still think they might have been the coolest, most comfortable shoes I've ever owned... Oh, and I had a crew-cut flat top.
Sweet.

2 comments:

Me..... said...

I wish you had a picture of you with your sweet first day of school outfit!!! awesome ;)

Andy said...

I do . . .