Tuesday, January 12, 2010

63!



63...
why is this relevant...?
hmmmmm.......

Oh, right! It's how Buster (Ace) and Murdok are now. In dog years anyway. It was their birthday yesterday - #9 in human years. They've exceeded all expectations. Murdok is a white boxer, for those who know nothing about me, and don't usually make it past birth - and if they do they're usually deaf or blind or both. Genetically inferior. But he survived birth very healthily, survived me running over him with my truck going 30mph, and survived a softball sized tumor on his ribcage. He has... the heart of a champion. If he could speak English, I always imagined that he'd talk like the HomestarRunner. I can still remember when I brought Murdok home from the Tack's when he was 9 weeks old. Mom was mad at me and swore that she'd never lift a finger for him. . . (I hadn't moved out yet). . . and when I came home from work the first day of having him, Mom was teaching him how to sit. He's been melting hearts ever since. Such a good dog. And maybe the coolest name for a dog ever. I used to think that no creature (dog, human or otherwise) would make me laugh more than Murd. That is, until Dash came along. There are some very interesting parallels between Dash and Murdok:
1. Both are firstborns and have a brother(s)
2. Both are very funny
3. Both have short hair
4. Both pooped in my tub
5. Both love each other
6. Both love rock music
7. Both love to chase
8. Both are impossibly awesome to sleep with (size of bed matters not)
I could go on...
I got Buster 7 months later. He is one of Murd's brothers - same bitch, same batch. (*snicker*) Dude was hyper from the get-go. So fast. Also the runt. Not only did he have "little dog syndrome", but he only had 1 nard. That's why I named him Ace (Buster was his Christian name given to him by his original owners and has since gone back to it since the nard-removal procedure). He too has survived 2 attacks by cars. Buster has calmed down quite a bit and has been incredibly well behaved (even as an indoor dog for a stint) ever since my dad, who loves dogs, once said "Andy, if he doesn't shape up, I'm getting rid of him," - to his face. No lie. The change was instant. Divine even. You can check him out on MySpace too.

Cheers to the best dogs ever, turning 9.

4 comments:

Eric Lemiere said...

There are so many more stories:
the porcupine incident
buster successfully hunting the neighbor's rabbits
murdok walking to home depot
buster and murdok owning the pit bull
the list goes on...
He wrote a blog back before murd moved up to the Lemiere hill about when he received Jesus on his myspace. Here is the link:
http://www.myspace.com/busterboxer

.

Andy said...

and then there was the time they walked to RALong and auditioned to be drug sniffing dogs, christmas card pictures, peanut butter, chewing through the fence, chewing through a door, chewing my telephone wires, taking them for walks around the lake...

Unknown said...

tell me more about the 'peanut butter'

Andy said...

It's how I'd give them their meds. What we didnt know is that their tongues are super long and they looked ridiculous trying to get it off the roof of their mouths. It was a good 3-4 minutes of hilarity.