Monday, January 4, 2010

Worth a thousand words?


I took this picture off my deck a couple weeks ago and I really like it. Not because I have an eye for photography or anything... rather, maybe the symbology of it. Three puffs of cloud trying to float through a path, or river, of light with looming darkness above and below. Maybe me and the boys are the clouds? Maybe the Dark cannot consume the Trinity? I don't know, but you can fill in your deep thought (not that kind) in the comments.
Feel free to not take in consideration that the clouds are probably rancid, polluted steam puffs from the mills directly below them...

A verse that's been on my heart as of late - John 3:30 "HE must increase and I must decrease."
In other words....
{for all things "X" in Andy's life or circumstances; and God being constant and positive, "G"; and God > Andy's life or circumstances:
X + G > X }
Happy Birthday Mom.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture reminds me of Psalm 23.

I'm mostly a lurker here, but wanted you to know that you and your boys are in my prayers. I don't know your circumstances, but I know that God does.

Rest in His wings.

Jen

Andy said...

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Me..... said...

I love how you turn it into a math problem! NICE. Great verse that has been on your heart, by the way. I like Psalm 16:2 2 I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you."

Emily said...

"I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." Is. 45:3

Love you guys.

Unknown said...

I was thinking the same thing Kristy! How apropos... Andy, you always make me laugh.

I love the picture too!

Unknown said...

ps ~ happy belated mama! xo