Monday, February 8, 2010

SUPER Bowl

A few things to note before I get to the Super Bowl:
1. Dash has learned his last name recently and has been applying it to everyday coversations. He refers to himself as "Dath Wah-mere". He has been better at calling himself Dash using his "sh" sound instead of his mini-lisp. What's been even funnier is that he's been calling me "Dad Wah-mere" or "Daddy Wah-mere" frequently- and by frequently, I mean all the time. As soon as I get some video of this I will post it.

2. Kaed is deep into his bball season. His team is playing up against kids a grade older still, but this year he's on a 10 ft. hoop. He's had good and bad games so far, but I think he's learning that with bigger kids and a bigger hoop that he's going to have to get better at a couple things (the lesson here as always is that when going against harder competition, your bad habits get exposed. This is true in life.) He's having a lot of fun though and loves playing - except one team, and it's because they get creamed every time they play them.

3. I have an old new hobby. Thanks to Rob Green, I have a ping-pong table now that resides in my basement. It's a blessing and a curse. I love to play and try to have guys up all the time (think Halo circa 2001-2003). The competition is great and there are a bunch of guys who are good and also love to play. It's made me clean up my basement = good. I stay up really late at least 2 nights a week = less good (but at least I'm home). Kaed likes it too, and isn't too bad = good. I get to compete and sweat = good. My shoulder hurts = bad. (I'm not making this up: yes I sweat and yes my shoulder hurts. Am I getting old when I want to take ibuprofen so I can play ping-pong?) The guys who have participated? Rob Green, Eric Wah-mere, Matt Talbut, Chuck Hendrickson, Darin Gardner, Aaron Odem, Jason Dieter, Jason Langenbach, and Luke Treadway. All are worthy opponents. We've even printed off the actual ITTF table-tennis rules and are loosely trying to follow them. The swearing has been held to a minimum (except on those rare shots that barely tick the edge of the table and cursing/much rejoicing ensues) Good times.


And now the Super Bowl. The game itself was ok. I'm glad the Saints won, but would have been equally glad for the Colts had they been victorious. What was SUPER about Sunday was all the food... Dave/Barb/Carlianne Shelton, Tory/Chrissy/Jonah Shelton, and Sam/Sharnessa/Chase/Weston Sanden came up with a. lot. of . food. Carlianne made a super bowl of carmel corn. Sharnessa made a super bowl of mocha punch and a super bowl of broccoli salad. I made some sausage super balls (thanks for the recipe Em). There was a lot more food, but those were the only ones I could make a play on words with. Dash loves to play with Chase and anytime you can say Chase and Dash in the same sentence... They came, we pigged out, and I was very tired when I went to bed. "Plus nobody I know got killed in South Central LA. Today was a good day." (that one was for my homies down in cell block A)
"My riches consist not in the extent of my posessions, but by the fewness of my wants." J. Brotherton

2 comments:

Me..... said...

hahahaha.. your shoulder hurts from ping pong!!!

I love your quote at the end.

we also had broccoli salad for the super bowl.

Eric Lemiere said...

My feet have been sore after ping pong. The kind of sore like after basketball. I think my converse aren't ping pong certified footwear, which is why I went to the adidas superstars last time.
Also, there are two L's in Tallbut.
Also, there are two O's in Goose.