Friday, September 3, 2010

Getting too big for his britches.


Dash was wearing Kaed's boxer-briefs the other day and he showed my mom. "Gramma look at my new boxer shorts!"
My mom: "Oh wow. They look a little big for ya."
Dash: "That's because I got a big wiener."
How do you respond to that?! He wasn't even joking! He was dead serious!
Nick and Dash

I'm getting Kaed a fishing pole and tackle box for his birthday this weekend. Don't tell him. We're gonna fish too. I can't wait. Man, he's turning 9. Doesn't seem possible that I've been around him for 8.5 years. It doesn't seem possible that my dogs are older than he is either. Here's a song from my youth that has new meaning for me:

God loves to talk to boys, while they're fishin'.
That seems to be the time boys listen best.
It's the only quiet time there is for wishin'.
It's the only time God and boys can rest.

2 comments:

Me..... said...

Love it... Dash is too funny. I think fishing gear is a great idea. I used to go with my grandpa- something I will never ever forget and either will he. Please give him big birthday hugs from us :) miss you Andy!

Eric Lemiere said...

That made me laugh out loud. Glad to see that sweatshirt is still getting a lot of use. See you guys soon!