Monday, September 20, 2010

Yo Adrian!

Dash took quite a fall this weekend... ugh. He was running downhill on our blacktop and just got a little too far out in front of himself. I was just going to shout at him, "You better slow down buddy!" and wham-o. Face-brakes. I felt so bad for him. I mean, little kids, especially boys are always getting scrapes, bruises, cuts, etc. and Dash is certainly no different. But I was a little suprised how bad it made me feel. He's ok though. Took it like a big-boy. That's all I can ask for.

A reflection on church this weekend: We can be blessed by our past (cursed too!) but our blessing lies in our present and future. As the saying goes, "we can't live off of yesterday's blessing". It's right, we can't. There are times when I long for yesterday, but it's gone. Good or bad, it's gone. I can't get so wrapped up in things that have already happened at the expense of missing out on what is happening. Since we know what the past was, it's easier to visualize it than what our future could be. But God wants us now and tomorrow, and really cares little about how you were. If He has me now, in the now, then he's got me. And for as long as he has me (or rather, I have Him) He's got control of my tomorrow. Though I never know what tomorrow has, or even today, I take comfort in that He is with me until the end...and then some.

4 comments:

Me..... said...

kiss your boy for us. hope he heals quickly! :)

God is so good Andy. At the end of the day........ you know the rest.

Carlianne said...

Poor Dash. :-( His wound looked like it hurt. As far as boo-boo's go though, that was a good one!

I was helping with the junior highers Sunday morn, so I missed Chuck's sermon. Sounds like it was good though. Thanks for puttin' in a nutshell. :-)

Andy said...

That's not what his sermon was about. That's just what was going through my head during the sermon. You were there for most of it and should have known - if you were paying attention.

Carlianne said...

Oh, well thanks for sharing what was going through your head! I don't think I was there for most of it though. I might have been in the building (bathroom, sayig hi to a couple peeps) for part of it. But then Julie O. & I took the halftime kids to Heavenly Donuts. :-) You just wanted to say that I wasn't paying attention. Turkey. :-P